Services Across Ontario

Families involved with children’s aid societies can access Child Protection Mediation services across the province. Child Protection Mediators work with families in large urban centres, in small rural hamlets, in the far north and everywhere in between.  If you are feeling stuck in your CAS matter, ask your children’s Aid Society Worker to make a referral on your behalf or alternatively call an ADR agency directly.

The Province of Ontario covers the cost of all Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) services for families involved with children’s aid societies.  There are ADR agencies across the province that manage the referrals and connect Child Protection Mediators with families and referring Children’s Aid Society (CAS) workers.  

Child Protection Mediators are independent, and they are not employed or paid by the children’s aid societies.  A Child Protection Mediator will offer a fair and balanced approach to help all participants come up with a plan that is in the best interests of the child.   

ADR is a voluntary program and families will be asked to consent to the referral by the CAS, prior to any information being shared.  Participants always have the right to withdraw from ADR services without being penalized.

The following is a list of ADR agencies by geographic region. Finding a Child Protection Mediator depends on the geographic area you live and which Children’s Aid Society (CAS) or Indigenous Child and Family Well Being agency is involved with your family.


York Hills Centre for Children, Youth and Families

Shilagh Ostrosser, ADR Program Manager or Tel: 905-503-9560 ext.9703

Dnaagdawenmag Binnoojiiyag Child and Family Services (part of geographic region)
Durham Children’s Aid Society
Highland Shores Children’s Aid Society (Cobourg office only)
Kawartha-Haliburton Children’s Aid Society
Simcoe Muskoka Family Connexions
York Region Children’s Aid Society


Associated Youth Services of Peel



Children’s Aid Society of Halton Dufferin

Child and Family Services
Family and Children’s Services of the Waterloo Region
Family and Children’s Services of Guelph and Wellington County
Peel Children’s Aid Society


Family Services of Ottawa à la Famille Ottawa

Nina Biancardi or 613-725-3601 Ext 221

Family and Children’s Services-County of Renfrew
Valoris for Children and Adults of Prescott-Russell
The Children’s Aid Society of Ottawa
The Children’s Aid Society of the United Counties of Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry

Counselling Services of Belleville and District

Amanda VanNess, ADR Program Coordinator


Family and Children’s Services of Lanark, Leeds & Grenville

Family and Children’s Services of Frontenac, Lennox and Addington
Highland Shores Children’s Aid
Dnaagdawenmag Binnoojiiyag Child & Family Services (part of geographic region)


Community Counselling Centre of Nipissing

Tammy Geisler, ADR Manager 705-472-6515 ext. 258


Children’s Aid Society of the District of Nipissing and Parry Sound
Kunuwanimano Child and Family Services
North Eastern Ontario Family and Children’s Services

Thunder Bay Counselling or 807-684-1880

Children’s Aid Society of Algoma
Dilico Anishinabek Family Care
Kenora-Rainy River Districts Child and Family Services
Weechi-it-be-win Family Services
The Children’s Aid Society of the Districts of Sudbury and Manitoulin

The Children’s Aid Society of the District of Thunder Bay
Tikinagan Child and Family Services
Anishinaabe Abinooji Family Services

Children’s Community Network

705-566-3416 or 1-877-272-4336

Children’s Aid Society of The Districts of Sudbury and Manitoulin


Toronto Mediation Centre

416-603-3773 ext. 222

Jewish Family and Child
Catholic Children’s Aid Society of Toronto
Children’s Aid Society of Toronto


ADR-LINK (at London Family Court Clinic) or 519-679-7250 ext. 150


Aamjiwnaang First Nation (Chippewas of Sarnia)

Bruce Grey Child and Family Services

Caldwell First Nation

Children’s Aid Society of London & Middlesex

Children’s Aid Society of Oxford County

Chippewas of Nawash First Nation

Chippewas of Kettle & Stony Point First Nation

Chippewas of the Thames First Nation

Delaware Nation Moravian of the Thames

Family & Children’s Services of St. Thomas & Elgin County

Huron-Perth Children’s Aid Society

Linck Child, Youth and Family Supports (Chatham-Kent)

Mnaasged Child & Family Services

Munsee Delaware Nation

Oneida Nation of the Thames

Sarnia-Lambton Children’s Aid Society

Saugeen First Nation

Walpole Island First Nation

Windsor-Essex Children’s Aid Society

The Mediation Centre of Halton & Hamilton

905-526-8446 or 905-849-0417


Children’s Aid Society  of Grand Erie (formerly Brant CAS & CAS of Haldimand-Norfolk)
Family and Children’s Services Niagara
Children’s Aid Society of Hamilton
Catholic Children’s Aid Society of Hamilton

Other ADR services in Ontario

There are three main methods of prescribed Alternative Dispute Resolution: Child Protection Mediation, Family Group Conferencing, and Indigenous Approaches to ADR.  All three prescribed methods can assist families, but sometimes one method may meet the needs of a particular family best.

For further information about Family Group Conferencing, contact the George Hull Centre, and for further information about Indigenous Approaches to ADR, contact the ADR agency in your geographic region.